Here is the last Cryptie of 2022! A lot has happened in the crypto world in the last few months, including the FTX fallout. Hear from BitPay’s leaders on how this will impact the current and future state of crypto regulations. Litecoin payments are on the rise, and we’re excited to share more. As well, learn more about wallet security and how to secure your crypto. Enjoy, and we look forward to seeing you again in 2023!
In This Issue:
BitPay in the Spotlight
Check out the latest news from BitPay this month:
- Check out BitPay’s CEO, Stephen Pair’s interview with PYMNTS.com on the effects of FTX fallout and how this will impact current and future regulations.
- Merrick Theobald, BitPay’s Vice President of Marketing, sat down for an interview to discuss why luxury brands accept crypto despite the volatility.
- Hear from ZenLedger’s Chief Technology Officer, Daniel Escobar, on how partnerships can allow merchants, like ZenLedger, to accept crypto to expand and grow their consumer audience with new customers.
- Exclusive Automotive Group has announced its partnership with BitPay to accept crypto! Read the press release now.
- FTX’s recent debacle has shaken the crypto world, but some positives will emerge from this. Hear from BitPay’s CFO, Jagruti Solanki, on the positives for compliance.
- Just Eat says that after accepting crypto as payment, they have found “a very consistent usage pattern” that crypto users who use that crypto as payment are regular spenders.
- Avoid crypto fraud with these tips from VP of Marketing, Merrick Theobald.
Other Industry News
Check out the latest in the crypto world:
BitPay Bids Welcome to New Businesses
Welcome to BitPay and the crypto world! Here is a curated list of new merchants accepting crypto:
- Exclusive Automotive Group – Premier Authorized Dealer for Aston Martin of Washington DC and Bentley Washington D.C
- Minnesota State University – A public university in Mankato, Minnesota
- KNXT – A luxury wholesaler, an online shop powered by Web3 technologies, that sells high-end products from prestigious Houses
Search the BitPay Merchant Directory for even more merchants accepting crypto!
Merchant Spotlight: Keela
BitPay is excited to share that we are now integrated with Keela, a fundraising CRM for nonprofits, to enable more nonprofits to accept crypto through their donation forms. Keela uses BitPay plugins to securely accept bitcoin payments in the Keela platform. Keela has helped nonprofits around the world to raise over $2 billion.
Charitable Spotlight: Simon Fraser University
This month’s charitable spotlight is Simon Fraser University. Crypto donations will help support their focus on “transforming lives through philanthropy at Canada’s engaged university.” As a leader in research, knowledge development and innovation, SFU equips students with the knowledge, skills and experiences that prepare them for the real world. There are over 170,000 alumni around the world.
View our full list of BitPay’s non-profit partners to donate to this holiday season. Learn how nonprofits can accept crypto as a donation!
Marketing Spotlight: Litecoin Payments on the Rise
Bitcoin (BTC) has been the preferred way to pay for many years. Recently, Litecoin (LTC) gained significant traction as a go-to coin for purchases at leading electronics, video games, gold and jewelry and other ecommerce websites. Learn about Litecoin’s rise and why it is cementing itself as the digital currency of choice for payments. Check out these stats on Litecoin:
In just one year, monthly Litecoin payments increased 109%
Litecoin makes up over 25% of all cryptocurrency payments processed by BitPay
Word of the Month: Wallet Security
You’ve probably heard the term “not your keys, not your crypto.” A self-custody wallet enables you to own your keys and be completely in control of your crypto. As long as you are the only one with your seed phrase, you own your keys. The BitPay wallet is self-custody. Millions of users control their crypto using BitPay. In addition, the BitPay wallet has a wallet address that can be shared to send or receive crypto. Learn more about the difference with this visual from Blockchain Learning Center!
Learn More about Self-Custody Wallets
Image Source: Blockchain Learning Center
Pacaso Home of The Month: Versant
Versant is a new construction mountainside contemporary located just 500 feet from the Simba ski run. Glass walls capture stunning views of the mountains, woodland and Lionshead village.
Cost: $2,225,000 for 1/8 ownership
Address: 672 W Forest Rd, Vail, CO 81657 USA
Don’t put your second home dreams on hold for another minute. With Pacaso’s modern and professionally managed co-ownership model, you can own a second home for less cost and hassle. This is true real estate property ownership, not a resort timeshare.
An exquisite collection of 189 limited-edition ultra-luxury homes, meticulously crafted with an uncompromising commitment to quality. From its conception, The Residences at 1428 Brickell have been a building without compromise. In the tower’s scrupulous attention to detail and its imaginative approach to amenities, the Residences elegantly embrace both private sanctuary and shared space. The space includes an Owners Club with a wine and spirits lounge and temperature-controlled storage.
Designed by acknowledged masters of the art of living, ACPV ARCHITECTS led by Antonio Citterio and Patricia Viel, and international architecture firm Arquitectonica. Enjoy the fully furnished, Antonio Citterio designed private suites exclusively for residents’ guests and their families. Prominently located on Brickell Avenue, one of Miami’s most acclaimed addresses has a rooftop observatory with a soaring Atrium. It also comes with a Resort Deck on Level 7 with club bar, children and teen activities, and private pavilion space.
The Residences at 1428 Brickell are also a work of art, an iconic centerpiece of the quintessential Miami skyline. Its organic form, accentuated by the lush botanical oasis at its base, creates an immediate sense of calm, of serenity, a place of welcome and delight. Moreover, each residence comes with a summer kitchen.
Buy Today and get crypto rebates exclusively with Condos.com.
- Two Bedrooms + Den from $2.38M
- Two Bedrooms from $2.91M
- Three Bedrooms + Den from $3.72M
- Four Bedrooms + Den from $5.52M
ADDRESS – 1428 Brickell Ave, Miami, FL 33131, USA